Film 27

I recently acquired eight 100ft rolls of Fuji Neopan 1600 and a bulk film loader. Purchasing some reloadable cassettes, I hand-rolled a cassette before exposure at Hartsholme Country Park, Lincoln.

Unfortunately, when I opened the camera back to take the exposed cassette out, the film was fully wrapped around the wind-on spool, compromising the film. Once I got home, I begun salvaging the film by transferring the film from the wind-on spool to a developing spool in a lightproof changing tent. Despite the catastrophe, I was able to process the film, and the results were surprising, with the first 12 or so images being usable, despite heavy fogging.That’s the last time I use cheap masking tape to hand-load bulk film.

Canon EOS 600 with 28-135mm lens. Loaded with hand-rolled Fuji Neopan 1600. Developed in Ilford ID-11 at 1+3, for 6:47 at 30°. Scanned with a Plustek OpticFilm 7400 at 3600dpi.

Chestnut-Fencing-2 Across-the-Lake
Hartsholme-Memorial-Bench-2 Hartsholme-Memorial-Bench
Hartsholme-Birch Ferns-in-the-Forest

City-Park